Surprise!!! - New Jersey Family Photographer

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 | |

Don't you love a good surprise party? It's more work than you ever consider...and then factor in the deception necessary to keep it a surprise, it can be down right exhausting. But totally worth it. We (Mija's Mom, Sarah, & yours truly) got things together for Mija and Dave's 10th Anniversary party. It was a scorcher, but, hey, they got married in August so I guess I can't expect snow now can I. Anyway, it was a delightful evening filled with pretty white lights, chinese lanterns and champagne - my kind of summer evening. Mija's Mom, Tish, worked hard for weeks trying to pull this thing together - big ups to you sis' Childs. We set up a small studio for some of the guests to pop in and get a portrait taken....oooohhhh, we had fun. See for yourself....

The "surprise face" ...it's so funny how much we love this part.





Now Isaac just decided to join the party in this outfit....awesome.



2 comments:

Mija n David said...

Hello my friend! I cannot thank you enough for making these last few weeks wonderful, and catching all the fun on "film" (do they still call it that?) All the pics are beautiful, and all your hard work is appreciated more than you know! So you are forgiven for taking us out in the rain, and sitting us in a bug-infested field! There is NO ONE else we would've done it for. Loved you then, and love you even more now! hugs!

Anonymous said...

Can I just say I love these pictures. All the shots of Mija and David's Anniversary party! I am so glad you had pictures taken...its wonderful! After 10 years and 3 little ones you both still look fresh and in love! STAY THAT WAY! Happy Anniversary! Love ya ~Berta