I love New York: Wedding Photography

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 | |

Being apart of a special time in a couple's lives is a privilege. I love that. But being apart of a special time in your friend's life is amazing. My friend Liz is getting married and asked me to be her photographer - how cool is that. Liz is marrying Dan - whom I did not know, but is an Awesome guy (way to go Liz ; )

They planned their session for Grand Central Station in good 'ole New York, and they were dressed to the nines! This was too good to be true for me. I was in photography heaven. I was a little nervous since I had heard that Grand Central in notorious for requiring a photography permit. But there were no problems in photography heaven - we had a delightful day free of any permit requirements or getting thrown out on our butts. YEAH.

This session was a new high for me. I normally put up a preview that night or the following day - but once I started working on this session, I didn't want to stop. I finished before I even put up a preview - sorry for the extra wait, but I think it was worth it. Thank you both for letting me be apart of it - I can't wait for the wedding in April.




















This one is a picture I had in my head - I HAD to do it. It's sort of how you feel when you're in love - the whole world could keep going but time stops for you.




I leave you with my favorite photo of the day - It could have been taken in another era.

6 comments:

Liz said...

Wow!! I cannot express how pleased I am, Amie! You were so great the day of our shoot. We really appreciate you coming into the city and taking our pictures. They are AMAZING!! Can't wait 'til the wedding day! You're the best times a million :)

Amie Schroeder said...

Thanks Liz - I had tooo much fun. You guys were great. This one is going to be hard to top.

K.C. said...

Amie/Liz -- the pictures are awesome!! Some of the best engagement pics I've seen. Amie, great job! Liz congratulations!!

lindsay said...

gorgeous pics!

april said...

Amie, these look like they are right out of Vogue!!! LOVELY...AMAZING WORK, and such a beautiful couple!

Unknown said...

Amy, you're a genious! I love EVERY single shot.