The Big Day in the Big Easy: Destination Wedding Photographer

Thursday, October 15, 2009 | |

Ahhh, NOLA, the Big Easy, and all that Jazz. I recently was asked to do a wedding for a lovely couple down in New Orleans - and I naturally said - HECK YES!!! I have never been to New Orleans, and I have always, always, always wanted to go. It started with a novel I read by Lois Duncan when I was 12 set in the bayou (nerd alert). Anyway - I never realized how much I would love NOLA. Not only was it beautiful, but the people were wonderful. I looooove a soft southern draw. I think you can say just about anything in a soft, southern accent. In fact, people call complete stangers "baby" and not in a demeaning way. I ate it up. On to the Wedding.... Lacey and Matt are a great couple that moved to Louisiana to help with relief efforts after Katrina, and that's where they met and fell in love...aaaawwww. They were so relaxed and easy going that I almost wasn't sure they were aware that they were getting married....is that a really long run on sentence or what. So enough of me prattling on. Here's a sneak peak (tomorrow is the big enchilada):





1 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE these shots!! Can't wait for the big enchilada tomorrow, baby. :)